October 26, 2017

Puppies and Kittens in Windows, Oh My!

I’ve always loved Laura Bassen’s rainbow ink blending. It looks so smooth and makes her cards so fun. So I channeled my inner Laura while making this card for the Crazy 4 Challenges sketch this week.

c4c puppies n kittens party

I started by tracing my dies on my white card base then using Distress inks to add the ink blending. Then I tried to cut the openings in my light grey panel with to match. Oops! Turns out this is the backwards way to do it. I should have cut the openings first then traced them on my white card base to get the perfect placement of the ink blending.

c4c puppies n kittens party2

Then I stamped the cute little critters, coloured them with Copics and die cut them. This looks like a shaker card but it’s really a faux shaker. I glued all the sequins in, it seems like it would take a while but it’s pretty quick actually. Then I added a acetate sheet between the windows and the ink blended card base. This uses far fewer sequins than a traditional shaker so it’s perfect if you only have a few of the sequins left that you want to use.

c4c puppies n kittens party3

Then I added a few ink blended balloons and the sentiment. One balloon was even tucked under the acetate in the window with the poodle. I was going to add some Nuvo drops but I decided it was busy enough.

Don’t forget to drop by the C4C blog to enjoy out sketch this week!

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: