November 17, 2017

Autumn Greetings Shaker Card

Well, it’s pretty cold here so I have to admit that it’s fall. Summer is my favourite season so I hold on to it as long as I can. I don’t like fall even though it’s pretty because it means cold, cold and more cold. Ugh! And I’m not a huge fan of fall colours either but sometimes everything just falls into place and I make a fun fall-themed and -coloured card.

c4c fall leaf shaker

I started this card by using the sketch this week for Crazy 4 Challenges. I do hope you will pop on over and check it out. Instead of adding a layer for the three dots on the focal panel, I turned two into cut outs and placed my sentiment in the third spot. The background paper is dark chocolate cardstock by Simon which I embossed with a texture plate by PTI. I love the subtle and woodsy texture I get from this plate. I filled the shaker with a mixture of sequins by Lucy’s Cards, Studio Katia and micro beads by Martha Stewart.

The cutouts were made with dies by Spellbinders and I used some of the tiny ones to create a little border on the left side. The orange panel was wider but after applying the leaves, it looked lopsided. So I trimmed off a bit with an x-acto knife. Sadly when I removed the foam adhesive, it slightly tore the dark chocolate cardstock. So lace to the rescue AKA an embellishment opportunity! Now it looks balanced AND the lace adds some rustic charm to the card.

I hope to see you over at the C4C blog!

Enjoy, Rebecca

1 comment:

Audja said...

Before I read your blog I was about to comment on how your lovely lace border made the card!
How funny to read it was camouflage!