March 04, 2018

Let Them Eat Cake!!

We had yet another dessert challenge this week at Crazy 4 Challenges! Yummy! Isn’t cake the best? My favourite is chocolate with fudge icing, ganache and caramel sauce! Although I have so many favourites!

c4c18 eat cake

This cake is by Flourishes but sadly the relaunch didn’t go as planned and it’s closed again so this stamp set isn’t available. But this cake was exactly the right size for this card! I stamped it in a medium grey with my MISTI leaving the stamp inside.

The image was coloured with pencils to add some shading to the cake and colour to the plate. I used mostly warm greys and gold pencil (which didn’t turn out as well as I’d hoped) then placed the image back in the MISTI to stamp it with Versamark and embossed it with gold powder. I did this so the pencil tip wouldn’t damage the embossing as happened to me once before. Sadly some of the careful shading I did disappeared. I knew that the lines would be much fatter after embossing so I tried to compensate for that but not quite enough. It’s something to keep in mind if you decide to try this.

The pink die cut and heart use paper from Echo Park from the June Simon Says Stamp kit from last year. The heart die is by Hero Arts and the ornate panel die is cut from the A2 Devine Eloquence set by Spellbinders. The sparkler is from the Happy Day set by Concord & 9th. I drew in the ‘stick’ using a dark grey gel pen. It looks a lot like the colour of a real sparkler.

Enjoy, Rebecca

No comments: